Monday, August 22, 2011

Connected

After a long, unplanned pause I'm back in my blog. I pictured the setting for the joyous task of writing my next blog post a bit more... inspiring. I'm in my office cubicle in the basement of the Medical Plaza at Florida Hospital Orlando. It's cold, it's gray, it's quiet... it's Monday morning. I brought my laptop to work since there still is no internet in my apartment, one month after it was suppose to be installed. I laughed when I received an email last Friday saying that there would be yet another delay. The big launch is now moved to August 31, not an insignificant day. God is funny. I wasn't even tempted to be upset or start kicking and screaming because I have to wait a couple more weeks to be connected to the world from the comforts of my home. Instead, I'll take the opportunity to log on to the GodBook and stalk Bible characters until I know all about them. I'll poke and message and comment and like and befriend until I'm completely lost in God's Word and forget all about the world around. I will, in due time, return to relate some of the observations I've made over the last few weeks, but for now I'll leave you with this little nugget from my pink little Princess Promises book that I keep handy at my desk:

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment